THE RAMBLINGS OF A STRUGGLING ARTIST ON LIFE WITH TWO TERRIERS, A PONY WITH ISSUES AND OTHER WILDLIFE AND BIRDS THAT CROSS OUR PATH

24 June 2012

TRIGGER IS HOME


At last my childhood dream has come true. 48 years in the making but here he is, within a hundred yards of the house. I've gone from seeing him once a day to just popping in whenever I feel like it and I've just got back from checking on him for the night with my son. We actually did the move yesterday and the above picture was taken during his crazy few hours of galloping about like a mad thing. He's much more settled today, but still follows me as I walk alongside the field boundary. I think he's missing his friend a lot but tonight he seemed better. We had licking and chewing which is encouraging.  Rug on last night; it was raining hard and blowing a gale. The field is VERY exposed and only about 200 yards from the open moor across another field. Lovely views though I'm not sure he'll appreciate them. Am sitting here with the football on with a sense of inevitability as the commentators try and make us believe England can win. Hmmm. I will hope to be proved wrong. Just a short post tonight to welcome Trigger. Here are pictures of us leaving his old home and arriving here.  Nothing as we crossed the moor as  my photographers were driving to get home before me.....

                                     

Leaving......


Arriving


Blurry....in my defence, he was going very fast in the rain


More galloping


Tense and alert. You can see the moor in the background here.
His new field is a proper meadow with masses of wild flowers.  Beautiful. 

8 comments:

  1. I am SO pleased for you Em. Great peace of mind for you, and winter feeds will be SO much easier in future. I don't blame you for rugging him last night, with that . . . "weather" . . .

    He looks incredibly Araby galloping about in the field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is supposed to be part Arab but I don't know where from; he's registered as a pleasure horse rather than with the Arab Horse Society. It's lovely and sunny this morning but, from what they said on the radio, it's not going to last!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I hope he will be. Off to the doctor's with wheezy son in a minute....hope you had a good weekend.

      Delete
  3. Just what I thought BB. These part Arabs can look the real thing with the wind up their tails!

    Trigger looks a lovely lad Em. Enjoy having him at home. I love the photos of you two walking home along leafy lanes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a lovely lad, despite all his problems. Lots of relationship building time now, which I think will make a huge difference to him. I'm already noticing a difference being able to pop up to see him a few times a day. I was always in such a hurry before and never able to work with him one to one, without his attention being drawn to various companions. I would have been far better off with a slow cobby type but am always a sucker for a hint of the Arabian! My old horse, who died of severe colic, was half Arab, half Welsh D. I just can't resist.

      Delete
  4. Wow, he is just divine (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you like him Kath! I only discovered your blog yesterday....I don't know why it's taken me so long. I tried to join but the computer crashed! I'll try again later.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. It's great to read them and I will always try to reply.