THE RAMBLINGS OF A STRUGGLING ARTIST ON LIFE WITH TWO TERRIERS, A PONY WITH ISSUES AND OTHER WILDLIFE AND BIRDS THAT CROSS OUR PATH

4 November 2012

DRAW RESULTS AND A DUSTING OF SNOW


Congratulations to Gail whose name Origami boy pulled out of the bowl this morning. Gail - if you could get your address to me, I'll get it off to you as soon as possible. I just hope you like it! I love Gail's work. If you're not already a follower, her blog is artbygail.blogspot.com. I think next time I might offer to draw the winner's pet.......


When I opened the curtains this morning, I was genuinely shocked to see snow in the garden. It was very localised; when I took Snippet out at about 8.30, I could see it hadn't fallen on the hills a few miles away. It was all gone by 10.00am in the glorious sunshine. Here are some pictures:









This one is the view from Trigger's field. 

Just a brief one tonight - we've spent all day at a theme park for a friend of Origami Boy's birthday so will be off to bed soon! Until next time......a very sweet Snippet.






8 comments:

  1. I love the very sweet Snippet photo.
    What a sweet face.
    I just want to reach in and give a cuddle to the sweet duggie.

    The snow photo are fabulous.
    85/50 here and middle of the week up to 91/52 but lovely fall here a tad to warm but beautiful.
    Can't believe you have snow already, beautiful but early.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. opps ! I forgot to say I adore your handwriting !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled! I have convo my address on Etsy for you!

    Love the snow photos and the last one of Snippet is darling. You should really draw him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Appears you have been getting the same weather as us here lately.

    Congrats to your Winner, Gail !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your winner.

    What a poppet Snippet is. I bet you were amazed by the sudden snowfall. We had some on the Brecon Beacons last week but not locally.

    Lovely snowy Dartmoor scenes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having changed the commenting format, I now can't reply individually so.....

    Parsnip - thought the Snippet picture might appeal to you particularly! I can't believe how hot it is with you but I bet the temperatures go down at night. I hate my writing so thank you - that's made me feel a lot better.

    Gail - I'll go and get your address now. So sorry, I'm writing this at my mum's because we have no phone or internet at home at the moment. I'll be able to post the drawing tomorrow morning. Snippet has been very difficult to draw in the past but I will definitely have another go.

    Cindy - glad we're not the only ones in the snow!

    BB - I was totally shocked. It wasn't even that cold the night before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely snowy pictures,or at least the light dusting and Snippet is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. It's great to read them and I will always try to reply.