THE RAMBLINGS OF A STRUGGLING ARTIST ON LIFE WITH TWO TERRIERS, A PONY WITH ISSUES AND OTHER WILDLIFE AND BIRDS THAT CROSS OUR PATH

9 January 2013

MACRO POST


In the absence of anything of interest out there today, it being grey and wildlife free, I decided to concentrate on one rock and photograph it very close up. The rock was very approximately 4ft long,  2ft wide and 2ft high. Here are the results:












Here are a couple more from nearby:




School's back so I'm back walking thank goodness; am feeling distinctly middle-age-spready. I used to take being able to eat whatever I wanted for granted.....no more! Anyway, I need to fit in the second episode of the marvelous 'Borgen' which I recorded on Saturday so I will leave you with the only two other pictures I took today, the first of which is of the hideous Fernworthy Forest looking rather lovely! Have a good rest of the week. Until next time.......




10 comments:

  1. the one with the rose hip's is just gorgeous.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible photos. Which macro lens do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lichens are so beautiful in close-up.

    Enjoy your walks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all. I am such a rock person... I am always looking down.
    I especially like #11 Beautiful.
    I can see ant of these framed and hung on a wall.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning photography--I'm envious of your camera's capabilities, but realize that if I had one I would likely be witless in using it.
    I think that these grey winter days make us more mindful of intricate details in nature--closeups of things we might walk right past on a day of sunshine, green leaves and blooming flowers.
    Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos - love all the different types of lichen and the berry shot is superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gill - It does look like a rose hip doesn't it? It's actually a hawthorn berry....I should have labelled it but the lure of Danish political drama was too strong!

    Rusty D - I don't actually use a separate lens.....I'm too lazy. One of the reasons I've stuck with Fuji cameras is the fact that their macro function is so impressive, even in my little compact camera. This is their Finepix SL300 bridge camera.

    DW - I was so shocked when I first found out how old a lot of them are and am a lot more careful now when scrambling over rocks with them on!

    Parsnip - I like those funny little black ones and anything where there's a hint of pink. They'er stunning aren't they and such variety.

    MM - They are honestly SO easy to use these days. Most have an auto setting where you have to do nothing at all but point it and press the button!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ragged R - sorry - you must have slipped in there while I was replying to the others....that hawthorn berry one was a last minute snap before the battery died on me so I'm really pleased I took it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful photos. It takes a true artist to see... and reveal... the beauty in a rock.

    Hi-ya. I tracked you over here from John Gray's place. You said you were giddy about having forty followers, so I thought I'd breeze over and make you giddier still by signing on as number forty-one. Count me in as your newest groupie.

    Nice to meetcha! I hope you have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Susan and thank you....41 is creeping slowly towards my age and you are helping me get there! I'm very giddy now - you have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. It's great to read them and I will always try to reply.